Thursday, May 1, 2014

Review: Kevyn Aucoin The Expert Lip Color in Bloodroses

I will go ahead and admit why I bought this product - the name. Once I heard the name "Bloodroses," I was sold. I didn't need to see the color or hear all the great things about Kevyn Aucoin's lip products to know I needed this.


The packaging: This comes in a rectangular tube. The bottom of the lipstick is magnetic, so the cap stays on that way. The cap is a deep reddish-brown with an ombre effect, and the lipstick tube itself is gold. It definitely looks extremely sophisticated. At first I was thrown off by how small the tube is, but this carries the same amount of product as most other lipsticks.


The scent: What is this scent? I don't know how to describe it? It's almost like a faint sweet rose scent? It lingers for awhile on lips, so if you can't stand scents, you should definitely smell before you buy. 


The product: Good lord, this lipstick is fantastic. It glides on so smoothly and with so much pigmentation that one swipe delivers full color. It was hydrating and felt comfortable the entire time I had it on. It lasted an impressive 6+ hours on me. The color is a deep rich red, and it is very buildable. It left a stain on my lips after it wore off, and the stain itself was a berry tint. While this color would not be an every day color, it's definitely a color I would wear when I want to feel super glam. 

Cost: $35. Is it worth it? I definitely think this should be a staple in everyone's collection. It's one of those colors that works on all skin colors too, so definitely give it a try! 

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment