Thursday, April 10, 2014

Review: MAC Dazzleglass in Steppin' Out and MAC Lipstick in Lustering

I have to admit - I rarely shop at Mac for lip products. I'll go in, get my usually eyeshadow in Brun, and walk out. I just haven't really found a formula that I love there, and the lip products tend to be very drying on my lips. However, a friend gave me two Mac products for my birthday, so I decided to give them another go and see. 

The first product I'll review is MAC Dazzleglass in Steppin' Out


The packaging: It's the standard MAC packaging for lip glosses. It comes in a clear, elongated tube with a black cap. The applicator is a brush instead of the usual doe-footed applicator we see with other glosses. I liked the idea of a brush applicator, but with this formula, it seemed to harm more than help.
 
Lustering on left, Steppin' Out on right (taken in indoor light)

The scent: The standard vanilla scent of all MAC products.


The product: Okay, I've already stated numerous times that I'm not a lip gloss fan, so my review may be bias. The top reason I stay away from MAC lip products is because I absolutely dislike the stickiness of their lip glosses. It feels like I'm smearing thick glue on my lips, and it just...I can't. It dries out my lips like no other product also. Steppin' Out is a pretty color though. It's a bright baby pink with TONS of gold/pink/silver micro shimmer in it. I couldn't get over just how much shimmer was on my lips after one swipe. I don't like a huge amount of shimmer in my lip products, so this was a bit of an overkill for me. It lasted about 2 hours - it could have lasted longer, but I ended up just wiping it off out of frustration because my hair kept sticking to it. 

Cost: $20. By all means, if you're a MAC fangirl and a lover of lip gloss, this is your product. I will be skipping it though.


The second product I'll review is MAC Lipstick in Lustering.

The packaging: Standard bullet-shaped MAC lipstick tube. It's all black with a silver rim in the center. It's lightweight, but sturdy. 
Lustering on left, Steppin' Out on right (taken in sunlight)

The scent: Same vanilla scent, but very light compared to the lip glosses.


The product: After the horrid review on the lip gloss, I was surprised by this lipstick. Lustering is a bright pink lipstick, but with subtle red tones in it. It goes on with a bit of a shine to it. It glided on fairly smoothly with some slight tugging on my lips, but applied evenly for the most part. It wasn't completely hydrating, but it didn't completely dry out my lips either. It wore well for 4 hours, but after that, I did have to apply some lip balm to rehydrate my lips. When I first saw it in the tube, it looked like a color reminiscent of the 80s, but it actually looks great on. 

Cost: $16. This is one lip product I would recommend from MAC, so yes, buy it!

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment