Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Review: Marc Jacobs Lip Lock Moisture Balm in Makeout

My obsession with all lip products has no bounds as evidenced by this purchase. When I showed this to my brother, he could not believe how someone could pay $24 for a lip balm. He pointed me in the direction of a CVS where he told me I could buy lip balm for 99 cents, and called me all sorts of names. But the joke's on him! I have all the drugstore lip balms, so............I win? Right? Anyway.


The packaging: Well, since we are paying $24 for a balm, the packaging is very posh. The tube is a screw-on, screw-off (heehee) tube, and it feels nice and heavy in my hands. The brand's name is splashed on the side of the tube. 

The scent: It has a great minty scent. Some mint-scented products can be overwhelming on my nose and make me sneeze, but this scent just makes me feel energized. It lingers, so if you are sensitive, make sure to sniff it before buying.


The product: This goes on very heavy. It really feels like I'm applying a thin layer of butter on to my lips. It is very hydrating and lasts...forever. I usually apply this before I go to bed, and when I wake up, it's still on my lips. It is not sticky at all either. The only problem I have with this product is that it is very soft. When I'm applying it, I'm always worried that it's going to come apart in the tube. Other than that, this product has been a lifesaver during this weird freezing weather we've been having this year. 

Cost: $24. This has been my go-to lip balm this year, so yes, it's worth it.

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment