Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Review: Benefit Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in A-Lister, Fauxmance, Kiss You, Lollibop, Poutrageous, and Icebreaker

This review, like most of mine, is very overdue. I picked up this 6-pack gift set after the holidays, and forgot to review these. 



The packaging: These glosses come in a standard lip gloss tube (much like Lancome's Juicy Tubes) with a white cap. I like glosses that come with an applicator, so that was the only thing I disliked about the packaging.



The scent: These all had a fruity, mango-ish scent to them. The scent wore off quickly, so it wasn't a problem.



The product: Oh god. I love these. They definitely live up to their name of "ultra plush." These glosses hug your lips and feel so good on. It actually felt like my lips turned into two very soft pillows. They are not sticky at all and are hydrating. I usually avoid lip glosses because I hate how most are sticky, so these definitely proved me wrong. The downside to these are that they don't last long on lips, so you're frequently reapplying. Also, there is very little color pay-off with these. These are sheer to basically transparent. 



A-Lister is a light, milky peach color. This was my least favorite because it literally looked like I had peach-colored milk on my lips. With my coloring, this shade looked horrible.
Fauxmance is a berry, almost-mauve color. This seems like it's a MLBB shade.
Kiss You is a purplish-pink color, and is actually a great way to wear this year's color of the year, Radiant Orchid. It delivers a very sheer wash of this color on lips.
Lollibop is a bright, hot pink. If you want to test out hot pink on your lips, but are timid, try this sheer gloss.
Poutrageous is a coral color.

Icebreaker (no photo) is clear. 

Favorites: The two I would re-purchase are Kiss You and Icebreaker, but I'm fairly certain it would be easy to find cheaper dupes of these.

Cost: Individually these glosses are $16 each. Is it worth it? If you're a huge fan of lip gloss, then yes, RUN to purchase these! 

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment