Friday, May 9, 2014

Review: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire & Ice

Sometimes (a lot of the time actually) drugstore finds can be just as awesome as high-end lipsticks. Here's one of the many times when this is the case.


The packaging: Very simple, classic lipstick tube packaging. There is a clear window at the top of the cap where you can see the color of the product. I think the only thing that stinks about drugstore lip products is that you can't try the color on or swatch it before you buy it. It is great that there is a tiny clear window to see the color of this product, but I really didn't know what I was going to get until I actually took it home and put it on. 


The scent: No scent. 


The product: The shade I purchased is Fire & Ice and is a gorgeous bright reddish-orange shade. Apparently this shade tends to lean more red on some and more orange on others. On me, it leans more towards the orange side. It goes on incredibly smooth and creamy. It was neither hydrating nor drying and lasted 5+ hours on me. I didn't have to prep my lips much before this, and reapplication was a cinch. Towards the end of the 5 hours, I did dab on some balm, but my lips tend to be very dry, so this may just be my problem. This shade made me feel happier just by applying it, and it made my teeth look whiter too. I definitely will be wearing this more in the summer!

Cost: $4.99 but I'm sure you can get it for cheaper with coupons. 

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment