Friday, May 9, 2014

Review: Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencils in Madeira, Rhubarb, Quince, and Cranberry

This is a long overdue post on the Bite Beauty Best Bite lip set that I picked up over Christmas! BUT since I've been wearing this off and on since than, I do have a solid review to deliver about these. 

The packaging: The Best Bite set came in a tiny tin box with four high pigment pencils in about a two-thirds of the original size. The pigment pencils are nice because they are twist-up tubes as opposed to ones you have to sharpen (hate those!). 


Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencils in Madeira, Rhubarb, Quince, Cranberry thisisfeb12.blogspot.com

The scent: No scent detected.

The product: These are as they are named - HIGH PIGMENT. One swipe delivered opaque coverage, especially with the brighter shades (Quince and Cranberry). These pencils went on very smoothly with very slight tugging I did have to exfoliate my lips beforehand because they did show lip lines and cracks without exfoliation (especially with Madeira). They weren't hydrating, and my lips tended to feel dry after the fourth hour of wear. These lasted 5+ hours before noticeably fading. Reapplying tended to be slightly difficult because my lips were dried out by the time I needed to reapply. 


Madeira is a nude peach/pink shade that did not work with my skin tone. It made me look unhealthy and close to death since it seemed to make me look sallow. 


Rhubarb is a medium rose shade that was an every day color for me. Very work-friendly!


Quince is a bright pink shade with blue undertones. Definitely a great choice for summer.


Cranberry is a deep red shade. I wore this more in the winter, but blotted out as a stain, it would be great for the summer as well.

Favorites: I tended to steer toward wearing Cranberry the most, but that's because I am obsessed with reds (dark, light, and in between).

Cost: $24 for the full size pencils as this set is no longer available.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment