Friday, May 9, 2014

Review: YSL's Gloss Volupte in Rose Satine (102)

If you're been reading my blog, you know I'm not a big fan of lip glosses. After brunch last weekend, my girlfriends and I did what we love to do - shop. Honestly, is there anything better than some light shopping after brunch with your favorite girlfriends? I wasn't looking to buy anything in particular, but one stop at the makeup counters led to some lightning-fast purchases, including this lip gloss. 



The packaging: This comes in a standard lip gloss tube, but of course, it's all gussied-up and made fancy because it's YSL. The applicator is the real star here though. It's shaped like a tiny pair of lips, so that you can evenly apply the product over your lips. The applicator is incredibly soft and really does make applying very, very easy. 



The scent: Like most of their lip products, this has a mango scent to it. It is pretty strong, but does eventually fade after some time. Again, if you are sensitive to smells, smell before you buy.


The product: This gloss goes on smoothly without tugging (huge in my book!). It applied almost like a gel on my lips, so I was impressed. There was no clumping or stickiness when applying (like those darn Mac lipglasses). It wasn't hydrating (what gloss is?), but didn't completely dry out my lips either. This lasted about 2 hours on me, which is normal for a gloss of my lips. There was some slight tackiness at the end, but it was much less than any other gloss I've tried. Rose Satine (102) is a very sheer light rosy pink with fine gold shimmer. On my bare lips, it accentuated my natural lip color and provided a nice shine. The big pay-off to this shade comes when it's layered on top of other colors though. 

Cost: $32 for 0.2 oz.

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving YSL Gloss Volupte. The color looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fiona! I'm not a huge lipgloss girl, but these YSL glosses are starting to change my mind!

      Delete