Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Sephora Rouge Shine Lipstick in French Kiss (22)

I am obsessed with Sephora, so much so that it was almost too easy to renew my VIB Rouge membership. However, I almost always skip Sephora's own line of makeup for the other brands it carries. The only exception to this are Sephora's eyeliners, which are my go-to eyeliners. 

A month ago, though, I decided to look at their lipsticks and found that their Rouge Shine lipstick line is actually pretty amazing. Tons of shades and at a third of the cost of most other lipsticks! 


The packaging: Nothing too fancy or special here. The tube is all black with the shade stamped on the bottom. The cap is a long cap that encases the entire lipstick. 


The scent: There is a fruity, almost raspberry scent to this. It didn't linger for more than a minute or two after applying.


The product: French Kiss (22) is a glossy, muted magenta. This lipstick was INCREDIBLY creamy. It applied so smoothly (almost like a gel) and did not tug at my lips. It was hydrating throughout the entire duration of wear, which was about 4 hours. The color itself was pretty pigmented (about 2 swipes gave me nearly opaque coverage). The "shine" aspect of this product was not lost at all - this gave me a very wet, glossy pout-effect, which meant I could not stop looking at my lips in the mirror. 

The only downside to this product was that it broke in half in the tube the first time I applied it. It wasn't even twisted halfway up, so it was a bit annoying that it broke so easily. I didn't have it in direct or indirect sunlight, so melting wasn't an issue. I think the product is just too soft, so it's prone to breaks. 

Cost: $12.50 - go get one (or two, or three) at this awesome price!

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment