Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review: EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Fresh Watermelon, Pomegranate Raspberry, Summer Fruit, and Strawberry Sorbet

I usually don't do reviews on drugstore lip balms because I honestly don't feel a need to do so. I think everyone has their go-to favorites (I'm looking at you, Nivea Kiss of Moisture!) and that's about it. However, more drugstore brands have released fancier balms with more eye-catching packaging, like EOS. 


The packaging: These balms come housed in a sphere-shaped tub. The cap is a twist-off cap, and there is a flattened indentation on one side to rest your thumb on when you're applying the product. The product itself is dome-shaped. I know people who love the shape of this product, and I admit that it's cute. However, if you have a tiny purse/clutch, there is no way to slip this into it without making your purse bulge. Want to slip this into the pocket of your jeans? Great! But it'll look like your thigh grew a goiter. EOS does have a few of these balms that come in the standard lip balm tube, so this is good news!


The scent: These are scented, obviously. To me, they're pretty heavily scented and tend to linger for a long time. 


The product: The four balms I picked up are Fresh Watermelon, Pomegranate Raspberry, Summer Fruit, and Strawberry Sorbet. They contain shea butter and jojoba oil which help keep lips soft and smooth. These balms go on with a thin-medium consistency. They don't feel heavy or goopy when applied and last about 2-3 hours. They keep my lips fairly hydrated, but not as much as I would like. I found myself continually reaching to apply more to try and hydrate my lips. The shape of the product make application very easy as you literally just roll this around on your lips. The product itself is very hard, so applying pressure won't make a dent in this. 



The bottom line on these are that they're cute to look at, but not as hydrating or moisturizing as I would like.

Cost: $3.29 - at this price point, there are much better balms on the market.

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment