Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review: Marc Jacobs Beauty LoveMarc Lip Gel in Cabaret (146) and Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyl in Shooting Stars (316)

This Marc Jacobs lip combo was a Sephora Beauty Insider 1000 point perk that I got a month ago since both products were full size. Both were touted as being limited edition, but now are available as part of the permanent line. 

The packaging: This perk came in a box that housed both products. The lipstick is an all black tube with a silver magnetic closure. It has the Marc Jacobs logo stamped on the side. The lip gloss is a clear tube with a black twist-off cap. The applicator is a doe-footed applicator.


The scent: Both have a slight fruity-vanilla scent that does not linger.



 
(L to R): Shooting Stars and Cabaret in natural light

(L to R): Shooting Stars and Cabaret in sunlight

The product: Cabaret (146) is only available to VIB Rouge members right now. It is a muted, warm berry shade. It swatched brighter on my arm, but when applied, it's much warmer and darker. It went on somewhat smoothly, with slight tugging on my lips. It was neither drying, nor hydrating. It wore for about 4-5 hours and left behind a slight stain. 
 
Shooting Stars

Shooting Stars (316) is a dark, muted brick-red gloss with brown undertones and lots of micro-shimmer. It went on smoothly with lots of shine (thanks to all the micro-shimmer). It was somewhat drying and wore for about 3 hours. It started to get pretty tacky/sticky on my lips towards the end of 3 hours. The shimmer stuck around on my lips even after the color faded, which depending on the person can be a good thing or bad thing (to me, it's a bad thing). 
 
Cabaret

When worn together, these two create a beautiful deep berry shade (perfect for Fall!). It's a bit heavy on my lips though, so I don't see myself wearing this combo much. The color created reminded me of Kevyn Aucoin's Bloodroses, so I would opt for that rather than this duo. 
 
Shooting Stars layered over Cabaret

Cost: Lovemarc Lip Gel is $30, Lip Vinyl is $28.

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment