Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review: Bite Beauty x JCrew Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Lola

Bite Beauty has done it again! They should just go ahead and take out all the money in my bank account because they keep releasing products that I can't help buying. I went and tested the 6 shades of the Matte Creme Lip Crayons they released at Sephora, and almost bought Peche. BUT, I heard about their collaboration with JCrew (3 exclusive shades) and bought this one instead.


The packaging: This came in its own box. The product is encased in a slim, matte black-gray tube with a pop-off cap. These are twist-up tubes, which I love (why do companies bother with lip crayons that you have to sharpen??). 


The scent: There is a fruity scent to these, but I can't figure out what it smells like. Regardless, the scent doesn't linger.

The product: Lola is a bright watermelon pink. When I say bright, I mean BRIGHT. But it's definitely wearable. This goes on with a little bit of tugging on my lips. They aren't as creamy being a crayon, but it still went on smoothly with minimal lip prep. One swipe gave me nearly opaque coverage, so these crayons are definitely highly pigmented colors. It was neither drying nor hydrating, but after about 4 hours, I felt the need to apply some lip balm. This wore for 6+ hours on me - it probably would have worn for longer, but I wiped it off. 

I can't describe how much I love these! They're so easy to put on and go since they last so long! Bite Beauty is supposed to released 6 more shades in this line, so here's hoping there's even more great shades to covet!

Cost: $24

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment