Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review: Lipstick Queen in Jean Queen

Do you ever buy something and love it so much that you wear it all the time and forget to review it until now? No? Well, you're better than me then. This and another LQ lipstick have been sitting in my makeup bag because I wear the two so much. I really thought I had reviewed these already, but apparently I bought them, tested them, and then loved them so much that I kept in my makeup bag rotation until finally realizing it now.


The packaging: This comes in its own denim-printed box (hence the name Jean Queen). The tube is very similar to LQ's Sailor lipstick (shiny dark blue). This similarity led me to once grabbing Sailor instead of Jean Queen for a night out. All worked out well though - I had berry lips instead of Jean Queen's shade!


The scent: No scent detected.


The product: Jean Queen is a sheer watermelon pink. Jean Queen was designed to wear with any denim since it's supposed to light up your face and offset any shade of denim. While it does look great when you're wearing jeans, it also works with just about any outfit. It's a great muted pink shade that definitely works with an all-natural makeup look. 

It went on smoothly (much like LQ's Medieval) with no tugging on my lips. It was hydrating and lasted about 2-3 hours on my lips. It's easy to reapply since it is a sheer lipstick. This is one of those products where I can apply without using a mirror, so that's a huge plus! 

Cost: $20

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment