Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Whisper in Berry Ready & A Plum Prospect

So I'm late to the game on picking up and trying Maybelline's Color Whisper line, but better late than never! The two shades I chose were #85 Berry Ready and #100 A Plum Prospect. 

Drugstore lip products are getting better and better nowadays, and we're all the better for it. In the last 5 years, drugstore brands have really upped their game and it's getting easier to find dupes of brand name products. Maybelline's Color Whisper line makes me think of YSL's Rouge Volupté Shine products...and they cost way less.



The packaging: This product comes in a silver tube with a cap that matches the shade of product inside. I like the slimmer design of this product. It's easy to slip into even the smallest of clutches. I wouldn't choose one of these based on the color-coded cap though. The color inside is not very similar to the cap - I learned this the hard way with these two shades.



The scent: If you sniff hard enough, it smells like...lipstick. The scent isn't noticeable though, so no worries here.



The product: These went on very well. You get a lot of pigmentation with one swipe and it's very moisturizing. These both lasted about 4 hours on me and left a nice sheer stain behind. I don't know if the lighter shades would leave a stain, but these two darker shades did. 

A Plum Prospect is a brighter raspberry shade - I honestly thought it was going to be deeper or darker due to both the name and the color-coded tube, but it was a lot brighter and lighter than I originally thought. It's more of a magenta color that I would want to wear in the summer than the Fall.
 
A Plum Prospect

Berry Ready is a deeper raspberry shade. Again, based on the tube, I thought this would be redder, but it turned out to be darker and more of a bright plum (if that makes sense). This color could be worn in the Fall to brighten up a dark outfit. 
 
Berry Ready

 In both photos, I only applied one swipe to get this amount of pigmentation on my lips.

Favorites: Out of these two, I prefer A Plum Prospect more because I tend to lean more towards brighter shades. 

Cost: $7.49, but there's always sales going on! I got these at Ulta in a buy 1, get 50% off the other deal. Definitely worth it, because you're paying 1/5 of the price for a brand name version of this.

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment