Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Review: Benefit's Cha Cha Tint

Love stains? Then you'll love this review!


The packaging: This comes in a coral-tinted box and the bottle is a small cylindrical tube with a white top that has the applicator attached. It's a bit bulky to be lugging around in a purse (especially a small clutch), so it's not very convenient to carry around. 



The scent: There is a bit of a plastic-like scent to this, but once applied, it goes away. 



The product: You will need to prep your lips beforehand because this will settle into lines. I usually just buff my lips with a lip scrub, apply chapstick, and wait a few minutes before applying this. The product is very liquid. It goes on very slippery, so be careful not to get outside the lines of your lips. The applicator doesn't really provide any steadiness, so it'll take some practice to put this on. Also, this stains very quickly. I did a swatch on my arm, took a picture, and then wiped it off and it had already left a stain. These last a little over 4 hours, and it's a beautiful coral shade. I think this probably works best on people with yellow undertones.
 
The stain left behind after 3 minutes

Favorites: I have tried both the original Benetint and this Cha Cha tint, and I think this one wears the best. Benetint definitely settled in the lines of my lips even when I would prep my lips. 

Cost: $30 - I don't think the cost lives up to this product, especially since I don't think you get enough for $30. I know Sephora sells a trio of mini-sized tints for $17 (includes Posietint, Sunbeam, and Cha Cha tint), so if you want to try this, buy the mini trio for a better deal. Here's the link to that deal: Sephora's Gettin' Cheeky deal 

Questions? Comments? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment