Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip & Cheek Balm

So I haven't been updating as regularly as I planned, but I do have a good excuse. I've been studying for boards and still am, but I thought I'd bang out several reviews that I've been wanting to do during this study break.

The first review is on Givenchy's Hydra Magic Balm. I love products that "magically" transform into customized tints when applied. I really am a sucker for these kinds of products. I have similar products by Smashbox and Dior, but those will be reviewed at another time.



The packaging:  This comes in a square box and the product is packaged in a small circular jar. The jar itself is a transparent ocean blue and the lid is silver. It looks like it would be holding eye cream, not a lip product. It's a good size to throw into a make-up bag.



The scent: It has a faint floral smell to it, but it doesn't linger when applied. You really have to sniff deeply to smell it anyway.


The product: This goes on smoothly and isn't sticky at all. On first application, it leaves a very fair pink tint, but as you let it settle, it does grow into a very rosy tint (at least on my lips). I felt like this was pretty hydrating too. 



Cost: $31 for 0.17oz jar. Is this worth it? No. There are other products that give you a customized tint for way less money. This really seems like you're just paying for the brand name. But if you love Givenchy products and have extra cash lying around, then go for it!

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment