Thursday, October 17, 2013

Review: Flower's Kiss Stick Velvet Matter Lip Color

I've been having such good luck with all the products I've bought and reviewed...up until now. Today's review will be less than stellar, but I know other bloggers who have liked this product, so maybe it'll work better on you than me. This product is from Drew Barrymore's Flower line.



The packaging: This comes in a white tube with the brand name embossed in rose gold on the side. You can see the color of the product on the bottom of the tube also. It feels pretty sturdy for a drugstore brand, so I was pleased with the packaging. 

The scent: There is a slight "lipstick" scent to this product, but it's barely noticeable. When you apply, you can't even smell anything, so that's a plus for sensitive noses.



The product: The shade I bought is LS7 So Gladiola which is a medium peach, almost coral color. There is no shine, but it's not matte. It wasn't very pigmented and did not apply evenly. The worst part of this product was that it was SUPER drying. Right away, it was pulling at my lips and already drying out my lips. It lasted less than 2 hours, but I was just so uncomfortable with this on my lips. I kept applying lip balm over it to moisturize. 



Favorites: As this is the only one I've tried, I don't have any favorites from this line. Sadly, I would not try this line of lipsticks again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Cost: $6.98, which for the quality of the product is absurd. You can find WAY better drugstore lipsticks from other brands that are of better quality for this price.

Questions? Comments? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment