Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Mod & Sexy

I never really liked any Laura Mercier products that I had tried in the past. The lipsticks weren't amazing, and I always found better lip products in the same price range. But with this new line of Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colours, I have changed my mind. These are fantastic, really really fantastic.



The packaging: Each tube comes in its own box, and the tube is a slim, deep plum colored tube (Laura Mercier's signature packaging color). The product feels good in my hands and is easy to hold while applying.


The scent: I couldn't detect any scent worth noting with these lipsticks.



The product: It has "weightless" in the product name for a reason. These are truly weightless. You won't be able to feel them on your lips at all. They go on smoothly. These aren't hydrating or moisturizing, so at times, I felt like my lips were pretty dry. These both wore for about 4 hours with eating and drinking.

This line is divided into 3 categories - creme, matte, and sheer coverage. The line of creme colors all start with the letter "C." The matte colors all begin with "M." The sheer colors begin with the letter "S." I have a lot of creme lip products, so I chose a color from the matte line and the sheer line.
 
Mod is a matte coral red (yes, I am truly obsessed with coral this year). It went on smoothly and very pigmented in one swipe. After about 3 hours or so, I had a fairly light stain left from this lipstick. 
 
Mod - matte

Sexy is a sheer red. If you're timid about wearing red lipstick, start with something like this. You can build up the product to a more noticeable red, or you can just put one swipe on and have the sheerest tint of red on your lips. It looks like you've been pinching your lips. The color looks beautiful and this shade would suit anyone. In my photo, I built up the color more to show the shade of red this product can become.
 
Sexy - sheer

 Favorites: Sexy is definitely the winner because it's such a pretty sheer shade of red. 

Cost: $24 for 0.06 oz product. If you've been looking for a product that looks very natural, I would go buy Sexy - it's definitely worth it.

Questions? Comments? Let me know!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment