Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review: Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor Lipstick

Blue lipstick? Yes. Lipstick Queen promises that this product will transform to a berry color when applied to lips. Does it deliver? Somewhat.



The packaging: This comes in a cute box with the words "Hello Sailor" and "Lipstick Queen" on the side in a blue and white scheme. The tube inside is brushed deep blue color, and the product itself is a beautiful deep ocean blue shade. The novelty factor of this product is what really made me stop and do a double take...and eventually purchase it. Also, It is pretty interesting to see people's reaction when you pull this out and apply it.



The scent: No detectable scent noted, so...whew.



The product: So it does not go on blue when applied, but leaves a very faint blue - almost purple - sheen on your lips. After several minutes, it transformed to a sheer berry color on my lips. I wasn't impressed by the tint it left because I felt like I could achieve the same tint by buying a tinted balm by any drugstore brand. Also, it wore off quickly meaning it didn't even hit the 2 hour mark. However, there are good points to this product. It is hydrating and moisturizing since it contains Vitamin E, and I think this could be layered on top of other lipsticks to turn any shade into a deeper berry. 



Favorite: So far, I haven't really been impressed with any Lipstick Queen products. I just don't think they work well on my lips. Am I the only one who isn't in love with this brand?

Cost: $25. I think this is ridiculously overpriced, and again feel like you could find a better product at drugstores for a much cheaper price.

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment