Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review: Lancome Gloss in Love in Scarlett Starlette

I'm not a huge fan of glosses because I've never found one that feels good on my lips. I have a huge problem with my lips getting dry easily and glosses usually just sit on my lips and get sticky. Because of these issues, I usually don't buy lip glosses, but this one was actually a little gift from my mom, so I decided to give it a try.



The package: This comes packaged in a silver box and the tube itself is transparent so that you can see the color of the product and it's capped off with a silver cap. The really cool thing about this tube is that instead of unscrewing the cap to get the applicator out, you push the little button on the side and the applicator pops out. This saves a lot of time and it's satisfying to push the button to pop it out and hear an audible "click" when you push the applicator back in. 



The scent: There's a faint cotton candy scent to this, but it goes away once you apply it. It's not strong at all, so it shouldn't bother sensitive noses. 



The product: This gloss goes on smoothly and it's really thanks to the applicator. The applicator is curved in a "U" shape to match the contour of your lips, so it makes applying really simple. The color I got (#162 Scarlett Starlette) is a medium pink. It has shimmer in it, so when the light catches, there's a very pretty glitter effect you get. This shade isn't too pigmented - it just gives a nice rosy pink tint to your lips. I was really surprised because this gloss wasn't sticky at all and felt like it really sunk in to my lips. The staying power wasn't too great - it stayed on for about 2 hours. 



Favorite: This is the only shade I've tried in this line, so I'll update once I go back and try others. 

Cost: $27 for 0.20 oz. If you really like lip glosses, I'd say to purchase this line of glosses. Would I go get another on? Probably not because again, I'm not really into lip glosses.

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment