Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Review: Nars Lipstick in Dolce Vita, Schiap, and Manhunt

I got bored several weeks ago and wandered into Sephora. As any girl knows, you cannot trust yourself to walk into a Sephora and walk out empty-handed, especially if you're bored. Sephora is like a candy store for women. So anyway, I went in not looking for anything in particular, and walked out with three Nars lipsticks. Again, my bank account hates me. Credit card companies, however, LOVE me.


The packaging: Each lipstick came in its own box. The tubes are shorter than normal lipstick tubes, which doesn't bother me. It's an all black tube with NARS written in white on the cap. 
 
(L to R): Dolce Vita, Schiap, Manhunt

The scent: There's a somewhat off-lemon scent to this, but it doesn't linger. You also have to be sniffing pretty hard to smell this. 


The product: Dolce Vita is a sheer lipstick. It's a described as a sheer, dusty rose shade. It's definitely a MLBB lipstick on me, and I've been wearing this non-stop since it's such an easy shade to apply. It applies smoothly and was neither hydrating nor drying. It lasted about 4 hours on me.  
 
Dolce Vita

Schiap is a semi matte lipstick and is a bright, almost-neon pink. It does have some blue undertones. My lips definitely needed to be prepped before applying this, but it applied smoothly. It wasn't hydrating, and after a few hours, I felt like I needed to apply balm to my lips. It lasted about 5-6 hours on me. I actually like applying a very thin layer and then sheering this color out using my fingertips rather than applying a full opaque layer.  
 
Schiap

Manhunt is a sheer lipstick and is a poppy red. In the swatch I took in sunlight, it almost looks like it has some coral in it. This is described as sheer, but with two swipes, it gave me an almost opaque coverage. It applied smoothly, wasn't very hydrating, and lasted about 5 hours on me. Again, like Schiap, I like applying a thin layer and sheering out this color. It makes it a lot more wearable in the daytime. 
 
Manhunt

Cost: $26 each.

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment