Sunday, June 29, 2014

Review: Tom Ford Lip Color in Indian Rose (04)

I bought my first Tom Ford lipstick last year some time when I was in search of a darker-toned lipstick. I found Bruised Plum and fell in love with both the color and the lipstick formula, but also found myself reeling after spending $49 on a lipstick. Well, they say time heals all wounds...and now I find that I have apparently no qualms when it comes to shelling out $49 for a lipstick. My bank account hates me.


The packaging: If you're going to pay this much for a lipstick, you know the packaging better be awesome...and it is! The tube is rectangular with nice, sharp angles and lines. The gold and dark maroon colors definitely add to the lux feel of this lipstick, and it feels nice and dense in my hand. 


The scent: There is a powdery cotton candy-like scent, but it doesn't linger on lips.


The product: Indian Rose is a pink-rose shade with a little bit of shine to it. It's a great every day shade as it will work for both day and night. This formula is amazing - it glides on smoothly (no tugging!) and is pretty hydrating. One swipe let me natural lip color peek through a bit, but two swipes gave me opaque coverage. My lips felt very soft the entire time I wore this, and they were not dried out at the end of the day. This shade wore for 5-6 hours on me, and reapplying was very simple.

Cost: $49

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment