Sunday, June 29, 2014

Review: Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Defiant Coral (320)

Estee Lauder. To me, this brand always seemed like it was reserved for rich, older ladies-who-lunch, so I never really paid much attention to Estee Lauder. However, with the launch of the Pure Color Envy lipsticks, everyone has been raving about these lipsticks, so I had to at least buy one, right? 


The packaging: This came in its own box. The tube is deep navy-purple with gold on the top and bottom. The tube, itself, is shaped to have the middle curve slightly outward on all sides. If the tube was a human, it would be skinny, apple-shaped. The tube has a nice weight to it and has a magnetic closure - all which adds to the feel of a nicer, more luxurious lipstick.


The scent: There is a powdery candy scent to this if you sniff really hard. It doesn't linger on lips though.


The product: Defiant Coral is a bright, pink-coral shade. Some have described it as more of an orange-ish coral, but on me, a lot of pink comes through. This formula glides on so smoothly and evenly (I actually said "WOW" out loud after applying this lipstick because it was so smooth going on). It didn't tug my lips at all, and one swipe gave me nearly opaque coverage. It was hydrating and wore well for about 5-6 hours. Defiant Coral is definitely not a shade I would wear every day, because it's one of those showstopper shades, but it's truly a beautiful color - especially for summer. 

Cost: $30

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

2 comments:

  1. Estee Lauder Pure Envy is my favourite. I love how defiant coral looks on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any suggestions on other shades in this line?

      Delete