Friday, June 27, 2014

Review: YSL's Rouge Pur Couture in 52 Rosy Coral

It takes a lot for me to get into Korean dramas. I've never been the type to watch a lot of Korean dramas, which puts me at the odd end of most Korean girls. I happened to be shopping with my girlfriends at Nordstrom one Sunday after brunch and made my way to the makeup counters to browse. The YSL rep ended up showing me some lip products and then asked if I was Korean. When I said I was, she said that the products she was showing me was selling out due to a Korean drama. My friend C who is my guru for all things Korean told me it was due to a drama called My Love from Another Star starring Jeon Ji Hyun. Long story short, the lip products the YSL rep showed me were the wrong ones...but I researched when I got home, and ended up ordering the correct YSL lipstick! 

Apparently due to Jeon Ji Hyun's popularity, YSL sold out of this lipstick WORLDWIDE. I checked today, and it's again sold out on the YSL website, so maybe the frenzy still hasn't settled.


The packaging: This comes in its own box. The tube itself is the YSL standard gold tube with the logo stamped on the front. It has a nice dense weight to it, so it feels nice in my hands.


The scent: This has a sweet mango-ish scent to it. You can smell it when you first apply it, but it fades quickly.
 
Rosy Coral - blotted on softly

The product: 52 Rosy Coral is a BRIGHT, HOT, in-your-face pink. It looks like it has more coral in the tube, but when I applied it, it was almost neon pink on my lips. With this shade, I definitely had to meticulously exfoliate my lips. It settled into every crack/line/crevice, so it does show every little imperfection. It wasn't very hydrating, so I had to reach for lip balm after a couple hours. It lasted about 3 hours on me. One swipe was pretty heavily saturated, but with this shade, I prefer blotting it on with my finger to give my lips a more natural pink flush. 
 
Rosy Coral - applied directly from tube

This isn't a shade I would repurchase again, but it's a fun shade to have in my lipstick stash. While I don't think I would ever apply it directly onto my lips, it is VERY pretty when blotted on. 

Cost: $35 

2 comments: