Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review: Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Lavender

Here's the thing. I love purple - all shades of it too. And I definitely want to be the girl who can rock a purple-shade lip color, but I just don't see that happening. BUT it doesn't mean I'll stop buying these shades and trying to find one that works.


The packaging: This comes in its own little box (what lipstick doesn't come in its own little box these days?) and has a fancy gold sticker in the shape of lips that says "limited edition." It's not. The tube itself is a matte dark gray shade and smaller than the average lipstick tube. 


The scent: It has a soapy scent to it, but it disappears after a few seconds of applying it. 


The product: Lavender is described as a vibrant orchid. I know on some people, it comes off as a sheer, light lavender shade, but on my lips, it is definitely a vibrant orchid shade. I actually ordered this online wanting a sheer lavender shade, but it definitely isn't on me. As with other Bite Beauty lippies, this goes on incredibly smoothly with no tugging whatsoever. It is very comfortable on my lips and keeps them fairly hydrated. It wore for about 4 hours, and here's the awesome part - my lips felt soft and healthy after it wore off too! 3 swipe gave me nearly opaque coverage, but I usually just do 2 swipes because I like a more transparent look. 

The only gripe I have with this line of lipsticks is that my lipsticks are constantly sweating. I don't leave them anywhere where they could be exposed to indirect or direct sunlight and keep them in a dry place, but regardless they sweat. 

Cost: $24. Being a huge fan of this brand, I say it's definitely worth purchasing any shade from this line!

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment