Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review: Loreal Paris Colour Riche Collection Privee in Julianne

Ever bought something based on the name? That's what this purchase was all about. Loreal released a collection of nude lipsticks each named after a celebrity, and one of those celebrities is Julianne Moore. Since it was close enough to my name and seemed like a pretty shade, I went and snatched it up.


The packaging: Since it's supposed to be a limited edition, Loreal made the tube a bit fancier. It's a matte black tube with whichever the celebrity's signature on the side (in this case, Julianne Moore's signature). The tube isn't anything too special, but it does look nicer than the normal Loreal tubes.


The scent: This is heavy on the classic lipstick scent. When applying it, the scent was pretty potent. It lingered for a bit after applying, so beware if you have a sensitive nose.


The product: Julianne is described as a barely peach shade, but I think it leans more towards peachy-pink. It went on smoothly, but definitely brought out all the imperfections and lip lines on my lips. It didn't go on as evenly as I wanted, and even after I prepped my lips and tried again, it still was uneven. The shade wore well for about 2 hours, and was neither drying or hydrating. This shade did not work well on me because it was too fleshy for my skin tone and made me look sallow, but I can see it working on lighter skin tones. 

Cost: $5.99, but I'm sure you could find it for cheaper with deals/coupons. 

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment