Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review: Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate

I was actually looking for Quince shade in this product, but since they seem impossible to find, I bought this one instead...so here we go!


The packaging: This comes in a small tub with the top colored in the corresponding shade. Nothing too fancy or special here, but I definitely think the packaging and the labeling are simple and clean.


The scent: This has a fruity scent - it is mango? Raspberry? Something tropical? Anyway, the scent isn't overpowering and doesn't linger.


The product: Pomegranate is described as a sheer coral shade. I definitely agree, but it leans more on the pink side of coral. This product is like a thicker tinted balm than anything else. It goes on with a hint of color, but you can build up the color with more layers. As it's just tinted, you never get full opacity. This lasted for about 3-4 hours on my lips, and was both comfortable and hydrating. My only problem with this is that it comes in a tub-form. As I've mentioned before, I definitely don't like the idea of sticking my finger in this tub to apply it to my lips...especially if I'm out and have to do this (oh god, just imagine the germs!). I know they used to make this in a squeeze tube, but I don't see those anymore, so this will have to do. 

Cost: $12. For me personally, I think I could find better tinted lip balms for this price point, so this is a pass for me. 

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment