Friday, July 18, 2014

Review: Sisley Hydrating Long Lasting Lipstick in L33 (Rouge Passion)

My best friend and her family try to go on a extended family vacation every year. Last year, due to unforeseen circumstances, they didn't get to go anywhere. However, this year they took a month-long vacation to Prague, Paris, and Geneva. In Paris, S and her mom (who is basically my second mom) went to the flagship Sephora store on the Champs-Elysees. If you're in Paris, this store is a must-see. It's ENDLESS. 


Anyway, when they arrived back home after a month, they surprised me with some new lip products, and one of those surprises included this Sisley lipstick. Sisley is a high-end luxury brand based in Paris. I had been wanting to try their lipsticks, so I was ridiculously happy to receive this.


The packaging: This comes in its own little box...but here's the other thing. It comes blanketed in its own little black velvet cover. There's luxury, and then there's luxury in the form of your lipstick having its own velvet cover. The tube itself is gold with an "S" cut out on the side of the tube. The tube feels nice and dense in my hands, and it closes with a nice "click" that ensures your cap won't come off. 


The scent: This has the classic, old-fashioned lipstick smell. You'll either love it because it will remind you of watching your mom put on lipstick and kiss you when you were a kid, or you'll hate it because it's too floral/perfumey.

The product: L33 is a vibrant blue-based red. It goes on incredibly smoothly - it's creamy, hydrating, and comfortable on lips throughout the wear-time. It didn't tug on my lips and glided across so easily. I did a very simple lip prep before applying this, but I think I could get away with not even prepping my lips. One swipe gave me nearly 99% opaque coverage, so the color pay-off was insane. This lasted on me for 6+ hours, and left a beautiful stain afterwards. 


There is one downside to this lipstick: You definitely should and have to apply this with a brush. Applying from the tube is tricky and can get messy unless you have incredibly steady hands. Once you've applied with a brush, touch-ups can be done straight from the tube. 


I also wore this lipstick by blotting it on with my fingers, and it looked equally great sheered on. I also have to say that my lips tend to get very dry throughout the day, so it's been hard to find a lipstick that really hydrates my lips. This lipstick was hydrating enough to where I did not have to apply any lip balm until the end of the 6th hour. 

Cost: $55 but so worth it! 

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment