Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned

I used to hate matte lip products. Growing up in the 90s made me feel like matte lip products would propel me back into a land of teased hair, mom jeans, and scrunchies. However, this past fall had me wearing nothing but matte lip products, and I'm a believer in all things 90s again.


The packaging: These lip pencils come in pencil form...without the luxury of it being twist-up. This means you'll need to get yourself a damn good sharpener for these pencils, but even then, you'll lose quite a bit of product when you're sharpening.


The scent: No scent detected.


The product: Damned is a deep magenta shade, and was my signature lip color for all of fall and winter. It is such a BEAUTIFUL shade, and it works on every skin tone out there. I highly recommend hunting this pencil down and at least swatching it. This shade was sold out everywhere I looked, but a Sephora sales associate hunted one down for me - it's back in stock everywhere now though. Lip prep was a must for this product since anything matte exaggerates dryness/flakiness. It went on smoothly and lasted for 4-6 hours on me. It was not hydrating, and I needed to apply balm after a couple hours.

Cost: $25 - BUY THIS. This shade is life-changing.

Questions? Comments? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment