Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review: Tom Ford Bruised Plum Lip Color

Another day, another review! 

The packaging: Tom Ford is all about luxury, and the packaging for this lipstick does not disappoint! This product comes in a black and gold square tube - very heavy, very glamorous. The Tom Ford logo is stamped onto the product itself, so if you don't want to smear it when applying, you'll have to apply from the backside of the lipstick. I loved the packaging, but I had one problem with mine - the cap kept coming off when I had it in my purse. I don't know if I had a faulty cap or if others have experienced this problem as well?



The scent: There was a slight vanilla-like scent, but it was hardly noticeable.



The product: Bruised Plum is a deep red/plum (hence the name) shade with a tiny amount of shimmer noticeable. The shimmer isn't noticeable when applied to lips, but you can definitely see it when you hold the product up to light. I definitely had to prep my lips for this product because the first time I applied this without prepping my lips and a lot of flakiness and drying occurred. This product does tend to settle into lip lines and therefore, it doesn't truly provide even coverage. It wasn't as smooth and as easy to apply as Too Faced's La Creme lipsticks, but overall it was easy to glide over lips. Once applied, it stayed on for about 4 hours and definitely left a stain behind. I actually like the stain it leaves behind more so than when I first apply it, so lately I've been wearing this by blotting it on lightly with my fingertips rather than a full application. 
 
Rockin' Tom Ford while wearing a hoodie. Definitely mixing high and low today.

Favorites: This is my first taste of Tom Ford Beauty, so we'll have to leave this section blank until I get my hands on another product. 

Cost: This will definitely leave a dent in your account at $49. Would I recommend it? No, there's many dupes out there for this shade. You're really paying for the Tom Ford name - and if that's what you're after then buy it. Otherwise, sit this one out.

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment