Monday, January 13, 2014

Review: TONYMOLY Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in Apple

I was Sunday shopping post-brunch with my girlfriends (a Sunday ritual) and stumbled into Urban Outfitters. Now, I'm at an age where I think I've mostly outgrown what Urban Outfitters has to offer. I can't really pull off graphic tees (especially ones with clever sayings) and I'm in no need of flasks or any other of-the-moment hipster products they're peddling. However, every now and then, I do stumble upon something in UO and it's usually in the beauty department. 

UO has been making me very happy lately because they're starting to carry more and more Korean beauty lines - especially online! You can shop products from 3CE (3 Concept Eyes), TONYMOLY, and SkinFood. I wish more Korean brands would open actual storefronts in the US, but for now...this is it.

So, while browsing in UO, I saw these very cute TONYMOLY gloss bars. My friend C told me she had bought this in Peach and liked it, so I picked up one in Apple. 

The packaging: This product comes in stick form with the cap shaped like a bunny's head. The cap is incredibly cute and makes me smile every time I look at it. Each stick is colored in the shade the product is, and you twist up the bottom to push more product out. The product itself is not shaped in the usual pencil-point. It's actually flat. I found that I like this shape more because it's easier to apply on my lips, and since this is more like a gloss-balm, I don't need to necessarily worry about going outside my lip lines. The great thing about this product and its packaging is that you can stash it into your pockets, your purse, anywhere. And if it peeks out, it's even cuter because you get to show off its little ears!

The scent: There is a slight fruity scent (melon?), but it's very faint. It's almost like it's there...and then it's not. I couldn't smell it once applied to my lips, and I couldn't smell it very well even when I stuck my nose right up to it and kept inhaling! 

The product: Apple is a bright, translucent pink shade. With one swipe, you'll get the faintest hint of color. With two or three, you'll see more of the pink shade. It does let my natural lip color come through though, but that's not a bad thing. It makes my lips look incredibly healthy and rosy due in part to the gloss part providing shine and the balm part providing a full, healthy look to my lips. It kept my lips fairly hydrated, but the product only lasted a couple hours on my lips. No lip prep is required because it is a balm, so that's a plus.

Favorites: Don't know yet - will go back and grab another shade to test!

Cost: $8. It is a high mark-up when compared to the actual price in Korea, but it's just so darn cute. Definitely something you could buy as a little gift for your little sister, little niece...maybe even your sophisticated girlfriends who are still young at heart (like all of mine!). 

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

You might notice the watermarks on all my photos. To prevent people from using my photos as their own (especially on Instagram), I'm trying to make it a point to make sure each of my photos has this. The downside of the blogosphere... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment