Friday, November 8, 2013

Review: Lipstick Queen's Endless Summer in Stoked

Hey all! I'm back from a long couple weeks filled with finals and prepping for my boards. I took my boards last Friday and YES - I passed! It's surreal to actually have my nursing license, and I've taken the last week just letting it soak in. Also, I've been doing absolutely nothing - after an eternity of studying and doing clinicals, I just wanted a week to do absolutely nothing. 

Anyway, I have a bunch of reviews lined up, so let's start with the first one. I bought this at the tail-end of summer, but never got around to posting a review on it until now. 


The packaging: This comes in its own little box with a sun-and-surf motif on one of its sides. The tube itself is a brushed golden yellow-orange shade, and the product itself is a bright coral color. I really do like Lipstick Queen's packaging - I find it to be really (for a lack of a better word) happy. The color of the tube really did invoke summer. It's the shade you would see when the sun is setting, so they did a great job with this shade.


The scent: No scent!


The product: The product goes on smoothly, but my lips did feel dry within an hour. Also, I had to put about 3 swipes of this on to really get the color built up. One swipe was very sheer on me. The color itself is gorgeous - a bright, beautiful coral. It lasted about 2 hours on me, so it wears off quickly. This is definitely a shade I would wear during the day during the summer because it is so bright and sheer. 
 
Lipstick Queen Endless Summer in Stoked

Favorites: Out of Hello Sailor and Stoked, I would choose Stoked in a heartbeat. One swipe for a sheer coral wash on my lips, and I would be out the door to go lie on the beach!

Cost: $22. I think this is pretty pricey, and feel that you could find better corals at this price range.

Questions? Comments? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment