Thursday, November 14, 2013

Review: Lipstick Queen in Medieval Tinted Treatment

After running errands this morning, I found myself at Ulta. I tend to always find myself popping into Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom, or Neiman Marcus's beauty counters when I have free time nowadays. Since I couldn't let myself leave empty handed, I grabbed another Lipstick Queen product off the shelf. 

Since I haven't found a Lipstick Queen product I really like but hear great things from other bloggers about this brand, I've been determined to find something I really truly like. And I think I found it today in this tinted treatment. 


The packaging: This comes in a box with Lipstick Queen labeled on one of the sides, Medieval labeled on the other, and Medieval artwork of a woman on another side. The tube itself is brushed plum with lettering done in a lighter mustard yellow. I absolutely do not like this tube. When I tried to recap the tube, I couldn't get the cap back on. It was so stiff, and I ended up having to jam it back on. I haven't had this trouble with the cap and tube for Hello Sailor or Stoked, but those tubes both felt like they were made of better quality.


The scent: No scent detected.
 
Lipstick Queen in Medieval (one swipe)

The product: This tinted treatment is very sheer, rosy red. It went on smoothly like a balm and kept my lips hydrated and soft. It's packed with all sorts of great things like Vitamin E, mango butter, and shea butter, so it's definitely comfortable on lips. I loved this color! It looked like I had been sitting around pinching my lips. It's definitely a color that could work on anyone. It was easy to apply without a mirror too. I put it on at 11am this morning right after purchasing it and it's still on my lips and going strong at 4pm right now!

Favorites: Well, I have a new Lipstick Queen favorite and this is it! If you love red like me, but don't want to rock a full, bold red lip on your off days, this is the product for you.

Cost: A bit on the pricey side at $22, but this tube seems like it'll last forever.

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I love Lipstick Queen my favourites are from the Sinners collection Hot Rose!
    http://kkkiranxoxo.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to like Lipstick Queen more and more after trying out Medieval. I'll have to go and swatch Hot Rose - thanks for the tip!

      Delete