Saturday, February 22, 2014

Review: Stila Portrait of a Perfect Pout - Vibrant Lip Palette

I'll admit it - my lipstick drawers are lacking in Stila products. I have several of their liquid eyeliners, but I've never really sought out any of their lip products. However, over the holidays I bought two different lip products.

The first was this lip palette. I had seen it online and then stumbled upon it while out Christmas shopping at Dillard's. Since then, I've seen a crate-load of these at Nordstrock rack for $9, so don't be like me and have paid the full price ($16)!


The packaging: This comes in a slim, cardboard palette. It's very light and a bit flimsy, so I wasn't that pleased with the packaging. Also, it's a lip palette without an accompanying lip brush.




The scent: No scent detected here!

The product: This palette contains six shades. The consistency was very soft - almost too soft. I pressed my lip brush in, and it literally just sank through to the bottom. The shades were somewhat opaque. With the lighter shades, I could definitely see my natural lip color peeking through. They applied pretty evenly without streaks, and there was minimal settling into lip lines. I did a very quick lip prep by swiping on some lip balm before applying these colors. These all have a balm-like consistency, so they wore off quickly. Without eating and drinking, these lasted about 3 hours on me. With eating and drinking, they needed to be reapplied. 




(The pictures above go L to R in order of the shades.)

Hey Baby is a very light, baby pink with a bit of a metallic sheen. 
Pink Flamingo is a brighter pink with some peach tones in it.
Rosy Posy is a pink with a lot of purplish tones in it. 
Sangria is a bright pink with blue undertones.
Siren is a watermelon pink with a bit more red mixed in.
Merlot is a deeper red, but leans more on the brighter side than a true wine. 

Favorites: I lean towards brighter (non-baby) colors, so I did not like Hey Baby or Pink Flamingo very much. The color I've been using most out of this palette is Rosy Posy, which is such an easy color to wear. Overall, this palette is a good buy for girls who like pinks.

Cost: $16 on Stila's website and at department stores. Go to Nordstrom Rack and find it for $9! This is not worth $16, so definitely search for this on sale!

Questions? Comments? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment