Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Review: YSL's Rouge Volupté Shine

So the last post was on YSL's glossy balms, and today's will be on my other YSL love - the Rouge Volupté Shine line!


The packaging: Just like the glossy balms, these come in a reflective gold box and the tube is reflective gold. Again, these tubes have a very dense, heavy feel that invoke an old-school glamour. 


The scent: Again, if you have a sensitive nose, the mango scent of these will bother you because the smell does last. 

The product: These glide on smoothly, and no lip prep is necessary. The darker shades in this line are very pigmented, and you only need one swipe for full coverage. 

The first shade I chose was 09 - Nude in Private. It's a warm beige color, and a perfect nude shade. It lasted a couple hours on me, and was easy to apply without a mirror.




The second shade I chose was 04 - Rouge in Danger. This is a deep strawberry red, and it is very pigmented. I love this shade because if you're timid about going full-on red, this will help ease you there. It lasted about 4 hours on me without needing to reapply. This shade also leaves a beautiful stain after it wears off. 




The third shade I chose was 18 - Prune in Fire. It is a deep raspberry shade. It's almost the  color of crushed blueberries or blackberries on my lips. This is a great shade for fall. This one didn't evenly coat my lips, but I didn't prep my lips before applying. This lasted about 4 hours on me as well, and left a beautiful stain afterwards.



Favorites: Without a doubt, Rouge in Danger (04) would have to be my favorite because it packs the most punch in terms of pigmentation, and I wear it the most when I want a brighter shade than usual.

Cost: $34 - again, YSL's lip products are pricey but they're worth it. If you want to start off with just one, I would go with Nude in Private (09) which is the most wearable day-to-day shade out of this bunch. 

Questions? Comments? Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment