Friday, May 9, 2014

Review: Color Changing Lippies! Smashbox O-Gloss, Dior Lip Glow, It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush in Je Ne Sais Quoi, Tarte Lipsurgence in Energy

I am a bit obsessed with products that intuitively change on your lips to a custom shade, so it's no wonder that I have several of these products in my make-up drawers. I've already reviewed the Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip & Cheek Balm, but here are several other ones...



Smashbox O-Gloss

This one was one of the original intuitive glosses to come out. 

The packaging: It comes in a squeeze tube, so you have to apply directly from the tube. I really dislike lip products that you have to apply from a tube, so this isn't my favorite packaging.

The scent: No scent here.


The product: The gloss comes out clear and after a few minutes, it does change to a faint pink on me. The gloss is not hydrating at all (like most glosses) and it tends to dry out my lips after a few hours. It also gets pretty tacky on my lips. Like most glosses, the wear time on my lips was about 2 hours. 

Cost: $24 for 0.34 oz. 

Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm


The packaging: This comes in the standard Dior packaging. The tube has a flattened ball end and the clicks on to the cap. I don't like the packaging because I prefer the standard lipstick packaging. It does set it apart though, so I'll give it that.

The scent: It has a powdery cotton candy like scent. It doesn't linger on lips though.


The product: The balm goes on clear and after a few minutes, it changes to a light pink on my lips. The upside to this product is that it is hydrating (it is a balm after all). It wears for about 2 hours, but it's so easy to reapply that I don't mind. 

Cost: $32 for 0.12 oz.

It Cosmetics Lip Vitality Flush in Je Ne Sais Quoi


The packaging: It comes in a silver tube with half of the tube being pink. The words inscribed on the pink part are "Live Love Laugh with Vitality." The tube is sturdy, and the product has a very sharply, sculpted point at its highest end (great for lining lips before filling them in). 

The scent: It has that classic lipstick scent - almost soapy, almost synthetic. It goes away after applying though, so it shouldn't be a problem.


The product: If I could buy my girlfriends just on lip product right now, this would be it. I already raved about It Cosmetic's Lip Vitality Flush in Pretty Woman, and Je Ne Sais Quoi is just as amazing. This goes on as a pale pink, but on my lips, it changes to a very healthy pink glow. My friend S tried this on her lips, and on her, it changed to an amazingly bright pink. This product is touted as a 4-in-1 (lipstick, lip balm, lip gloss, lip stain), so it was not only hydrating, but left a light pink stain that lasted for 4 hours or so on me. A big tip when applying this: just because it's clear/very light pink going on, do not go outside your lip lines because it will leave a stain. The first time I put this on, I did it carelessly and I looked like a four year old putting on mommy's lipstick for the first time!

Cost: $20 for 0.11 oz.

Tarte Lipsurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint in Energy


The packaging: Comes in a twist up tube with a cap. 

The scent: There is a peppermint scent to it that does tend to linger on lips. 


The product: This goes on clear like the other products, and changes to a brighter pink on me than the other products. This is probably because this seems to contain a lot of peppermint oil. I am not a fan of products where I can tell there is a lot of peppermint oil because I hate the stinging effect (no matter how small) it has on my lips. My lips tend to get irritated very easily with peppermint, so this is probably why my lips changed color the most with this. It wasn't hydrating and it wasn't drying either, and lasted about 2-3 hours on me. 

Cost: $24 for 0.10 oz.

Favorites: Out of all the four products, my favorite would have to be (you guessed it) It Cosmetic's Je Ne Sais Quoi. You get the most for your money with this product in my opinion!

Questions? Comments? Let me know!    

No comments:

Post a Comment